Monday 6 October 2008

Why the mess

You decide to blog. You look for a theme, a point of view, something particular to give it definition.

I found this : my things that are public enough to talk about online don't add up to a very rich and diverse life. I raise the kids, and I do work. There's not much time left after that for anything interesting. But I do love the way I am doing it. With unpredictability and often anarchy extending across both my play and professional life. The two feed off each other, not in a neat replicable way, but in a way I like and I feel comfy with. I thrive on the randomness of flitting between toddlers or teenagers one minute, and digital strategies the next.

It's not the mess of domestic chaos, nor of professional incompetence. I don't do those. It's the mess that invades from unexpected and sometimes unwanted energies around me - and fills the days and weeks with stuff that always changes, never bores, and continually excites.

That's the blog. Messy times !

No comments:

Post a Comment