Tuesday 16 November 2010

Online Hero of the day - John Lewis


Today in Glasgow I was locked in for the whole morning with a selection of Scotland's best web and online brains - crunching the challenges and successes of The Daily What, one of my education projects.

But my online hero of the hour is actually John Lewis.com. For making an online experience that really matches the real world experience. How many retailers have their shops and their sites at loggerheads ? But at this one, you really feel the values of the two support each other.

I have purchased this strange bit of metal now in both shop and site, and the two purchases were mutually supportive. I could just type the product code from the paper receipt, into the search box, and immediately get the picture of what I was holding in my hands and puzzling over how to hang four spans of pole with only three supports.

Now thanks to Jonny L I have the solution in just a minute - and no further excuse not to drill it into a wall to hold up the offending curtain pole.

No comments:

Post a Comment